It is the goal of The National Constitution Center to foster intelligent conversation about constitutional issues. Although constitutional issues are often political and divisive in nature, we expect Comments to be thoughtful. To facilitate these objectives, Constitution Daily’s comment user registration system has been designed so that all Comments may be reviewed prior to posting.
In addition, while we reserve the right to publish or not publish any Comments at our sole discretion, we will NOT publish Comments containing any of the following content:
- Seemingly threatening, abusive, harassing, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, defamatory, or libelous material.
- Statements that are known to be intentionally false or misleading.
- Offers to sell or buy any product or service.
- Material that is known to infringe copyright.
- Material that discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, or disability.
- Information that is known to be confidential, sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Computer generated comments, commonly known as “spam.
- Comments that are judged to be unrelated or extraneous to the post, article or story to which they are intended to refer, comment or appear.
Additionally, you should be advised that if you voluntarily disclose personal information in a Comment, that personal information may be collected and utilized by others. We do not control the actions of any of our visitors and users and, therefore, your decision to disclose personal information is done at your own risk.
By uploading or otherwise submitting a Comment to our site, you hereby grant to the National Constitution Center and its sublicensees the right to reproduce, distribute, perform, display and create derivative works from such content including, but not limited to, permission to the National Constitution Center and its sublicensees to publish or republish your Comment and username elsewhere on a website the National Constitution Center controls or another controls and to publish or republish your Comment and username in printed materials. In addition, by uploading or otherwise submitting such content to our site you represent and warrant that (i) you have the right to reproduce, distribute, perform, display and create derivative works from such content as well as the right to grant to us and our sublicensees the same; and (ii) such content does not infringe the rights of any third party.
The National Constitution Center is not responsible for information posted in the Comments or for the content of the Comments, liability for such Comments being specifically disavowed.